Designer laptop bags for women that don't scream "computer inside, rob me!"

Saturday, July 08, 2006

MobileEdge Black/Pink Ladies Komen MicroFiber Tote

Mobile Edge Black Pink Ladies Komen Microfiber Tote

Several months ago I bought a new 14.1" tablet pc for school and my current laptop bag only fit 12" laptops. So I went online to search for a bag. However all that came up were standard black "look at me, I have thousands of dollars in here" totes. After some searching I came across this tote, the Black and Pink Ladies Komen MicroFiber Tote, which is made by MobileEdge. It looked perfect for lugging my new computer across campus. I had read the reviews that said the bag was a bit on the large side but I ignored it.

So I was all excited the day UPS dropped off my package, but when I opened the box...wow! This bag is huge! This bag may be perfect for someone who's a little taller. However, seeing as I'm barely 5'2" on a good day with my spine fully stretched, the size of this bag was a little overwhelming. The straps were also a bit long so I couldn't hand carry it without the bag dragging the ground.

Inside of the bag is a removable padded pocket with penholders which closes with a velcro strap across the top. While this leaves my computer very safe, it also adds a pound and about an inch to the width of the bag. It also means that storing additional items such as a book, cell phone, or AC adapter is very difficult without making the bag look bulky and lumpy.

There is also a separate accessories pouch which fits inside and a pink ribbon key chain attached to the tote's straps. The bag closes with a zipper across the top and there is a zippered compartment inside.

Despite my complaints, the Pink Ladies Komen MicroFiber Tote by MobileEdge is perfect for school or as a carry-on when travelling. Plus 10% of the profit from the purchase of the bag goes to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. This just isn't something that I would be able to take to work.

Technorati: , , , , ,

No comments: